We’re looking for a new mechanic to join our team!
We are looking for an experienced full- time bike mechanic to join our small team. The position will be based in Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne but some cover work at our Durham shop may also be required. The main focus of the role is fixing, servicing and refurbishing bikes but you may also be asked to support with our community outreach work and delivery of training sessions.
Day to day duties include:
– Carrying out bike servicing and repairs as required
– Assisting customers with queries and sales
– Diagnosing mechanical issues on bikes, discussing solutions and costs with customers
– Refurbishing donated bikes to make them ready for sale in the shop
– Supporting and training volunteers Essential experience, skills and knowledge include:
– Experience of working in a bike shop or workshop (min 2 years)
– Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Attention to detail and ability to act on your own initiative
– Self- motivated and pride in your work
– Commitment to the charitable objectives, values and ethos of Recyke y’bike
Cytech 2 or equivalent qualification is preferable but experience of carrying out bike repairs in a professional capacity is essential as well as a passion for bikes!
Hourly rate of £9.69, 5 days a week, 33 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays), workplace pension and uniform provided.